Suzi's Stamps & Stuff

Stamp collecting and philatelic fun!

Monday, December 19, 2005

Machins and more Machins

I didn't get enough time for stamps this weekend, as it was spend mainly holiday shopping. BUT as I was poking around in my attic running some wiring to put lights in our bedroom closet(the rest of the weekend project, LOL), I found 1 large crate of Machins and Great Britain on paper, and 3 smaller crates of the same mixture. They are all in good shape as they have been stored in closed plastic crates of the type often used for shipping; they're still just as they came to me years ago, in normal condition for a mission mix type kiloware. It was sold to me in sealed unpicked packages, and I have already gone through the box or so of it that I DIDN'T put into storage and found plenty of nice cancels, some perfins, and many interesting varieties.

There are a LOT of stamps here, about 25-30 pounds. This is a mixture that includes mainly Machins from the 70s to late 80s, I believe. It also contains a bit of Great Britain Christmas, the occasional other Great Britain stamp, and maybe 5-10% Wildings and earlier definitives.
Anyone want to trade something for some of this kiloware? I can make up 1/4 pound packages.
I never picked through any of these crates yet as I was saving them for a "rainy day" so to speak. If you're interested, let me know. I would love some definitives from other countries, especially Australia, Canada, and any British Commonwealth countries....OR...let me know what you do have to offer? I'm very flexible.

I admit to having a Machin obsession. I have been accumulating these tiny portraits for many years, and am trying to accumulate more Wildings and KGVI definitives also. I like to dig through my Gibbons specialized catalogs and look for varieties. I need to organize them more, but I have enough that just soaking them all would take years, so I figured I'd see who else was interested. : )

If someone exprresses an interest I will throw a handful of this mix in my scanner and post a pic when I get a chance. Just let me know if you want to see it.

Only 2 more days until Yule!!! Get your Yule logs ready :)
Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Suzi

suziboyer@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home