Suzi's Stamps & Stuff

Stamp collecting and philatelic fun!

Friday, March 24, 2006

More GB kiloware

I have ordered 2 kilos of Great Britain mission mixture kiloware. Why? Good question! Well, although I need more kiloware like I need a hole in the head, I have made up some excuses to justify my purchase.

First of all, it is more recent than the mix I have, and I need recent Machins and GB stamps. Second, it was a very good bargain- the kind you can't pass up, and two of my favorite things are stamps and bargains. So if you put those two things together, well, it's hopeless- I can't resist. And lastly, it's being shipped via surface mail (aka, a slow-moving turtle), so I have 4-8 weeks to try to catch up with sorting and/or soaking the kiloware I have here already. HA! Let's see, 30 lbs. of kilware in 4 weeks, that 7.5 lbs. a week, hmmm, I could quit my job and sleep only 3 hours a night...that might do it.

Well, realistically, I'll probably soak all the other on-paper stamps EXCEPT the Machin mixture. I will then continue to work on sorting the Machins I have here until my new mixture arrives. I may need to find a more efficient soaking technique than my one bowl and my stack of Desert Magic drying books.
Anyone out there have any tips on safely soaking larger quantities of stamps at a time? Do you have experience with large quantities of kiloware? I'd love to hear your tips and stories if you do. : )
When I get the new mix, I'll put up a picture and let you know what I think of it. It is supposed to be completely unpicked and untouched.

Suzi
suziboyer@gmail.com

11 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi all!
    Thank you for your site Resp.
    And Happy New Year.
    Bye

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi
    mutuo prima casa mutuo prima casa abbigliamento uomo camicia abbigliamento uomo camicia stoccolma cose fare stoccolma cose fare siviglia cose fare siviglia cose fare

    G'night

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very Interesting
    Thanks you for your work.
    Best regards.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very Interesting
    software per la programmazione software per la programmazione http://euro.initalyall.com/software-per-la-programmazione.html dominio eu dominio eu http://euro.initalyall.com/dominio-eu.html

    Best regards.

     
  • At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi all!
    The information is successfully classified. Reasonable structure of a site.This is a great website! Real nice! Thanks much!
    may be my site interesting for you ?
    richiesta finanziamento richiesta finanziamento

    http://www.allitalysite.info
    Bye

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very interesting. Big thnx 2 author. :)
    I wish you prosperity
    Best regards.

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Big thnx. So interesting.
    I wish you prosperity
    Best wishes. Lisa.

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey I really like your site. I have found some of the information here helpfull.
    Thanks :) Luck

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very interesting site, has a lot of helpful information. I will be glad to see you on my site http://buzzcams.livecamstop.org/feeds.html

    Great thanx. Alan

     
  • At 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very interesting. A lot of interesting information.
    Best regards authors.

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great site, I am bookmarking it!Keep it up!
    With the best regards!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home