Suzi's Stamps & Stuff

Stamp collecting and philatelic fun!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

British Locals

I received last Friday, from a stamp friend and a reader of this blog named Jeff, a lovely cover enclosing some very useful information. Jeff sent me a cover posted from Pabay Island, and included inside this cover a beautiful postcard of the island, an article about the postal history of Pabay, and information about the stamps of Pabay. You can find out all about Pabay Island from the links on the right, where I have added both Jeff's website and his blog. I will try to remember to scan a pic of the cover as well as the postcard when I am at home and have a scanner. (at work now...)

Jeff has an interest in British local stamps, and I would love to be able to send him some, but alas-- I think the only one I have is on the cover which he posted to me. So, if anyone has any used British locals that you'd be willing to trade, let me know. I can either put you in touch with Jeff, or I will trade for them myself as I'd like to send him something to thank him for his kindness.

Jeff also sent me a copy of the most recent (I think) British Philatelic Bulletin, which was kind enough to review this blog in a not unfavorable light. I have received several emails advising me that this blog was mentioned in the Bulletin, and I thank you all, as I would have had no inkling of this fact if all of you hadn't been kind enough to pass this on.
I must also thank the writers/editors of the British Philatelic Bulletin. I appreciate the mention. It has encouraged me greatly.

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home