Suzi's Stamps & Stuff

Stamp collecting and philatelic fun!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Gibbons Elizabethan Catalog

Just a quick note for now---does anyone know anything about the Stanley Gibbons Elizabethan Catalog? I was on the Gibbons website, and I cannot find an entry for this catalogue.
I have a copy of the 1984 edition which I picked up used at a bourse a few years ago, and have been thinking that it would be nice to have a newer edition. It seems perhaps as if this catalogue is no longer published, which would be a shame. It is quite a useful addition to a philatelic library. I think I even remember one of you folks mentioning that it wasn't around anymore.

If anyone has any idea what the last year that the Elizabethan Catalogue was updated is, I'd love to know.

Oh! Almost forgot-- Thanks to Sheryl who responded to my request about trading philatelic literature. I am sending her a copy of the Boggs Canada Book, a booklet about Australia Postage Dues, and a very old copy of Australian Stamp News in exchange for some Gibbons Specialized catalogs and a Canada Unitrade catalog. I appreciate the trade very much.

I will try to discuss literature a bit more later--I have some interesting books of clippings that I picked up at an auction some time ago (as part of a literature and supplies lot) and I'm trying to decide what to do with them, and what I can do that is legal as far as sharing the info.



Building my philatelic library,

Suzi

1 Comments:

  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger suzi said…

    HI Clay,
    I went back a second time to their site and cannot find out how to order this catalogue. Can you email me further information?
    Perhaps their website is not fully up to date.

    Suzi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home