Suzi's Stamps & Stuff

Stamp collecting and philatelic fun!

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Kiloware, Machins, & album pages

I keep finding all sorts of kiloware around here in my library. I just soaked some random worldwide stuff. I also have a pile of older stamps that need to be soaked off of album pages- they are a mishmosh of worldwide stuff form 2 old International Junior albums. Problem is, I don't know too much about the material that isn't British Commonwealth, so I keep putting off identifying it. Oh well, someday I'll get to it.

I am planning on sorting some Machins this weekend. I need to sort them by denomination/colour before I can start looking for varieties. A friend from the UK is sending me a new Thirkell Position Finder so that I can utilize my Gibbons Specialized albums to look for varieties. I can't wait until it gets here- the last one got lost when I moved and I haven't been able to find another one in this country, so have been without it for a while.

I also have been corresponding more with the collector who had emailed me some pix of his Machin collection. I am hoping we can do some trading, but I need to organize my Machins a bit more first, so that is my weekend project. I can start by mounting what I have in the Machin pages I downloaded from www.stampalbums.com. If you have never visited stampalbums.com, and you mount your stamps on album pages that you make yourself, you may want to take a look at this site. I love it! It has tons of great album pages for just about anything you can think of, and you can download all that you want for $19.95/year. It is updated pretty regularly, so you can keep those albums pretty up to date, also. You can't beat the price! I don't usually promote stuff, but this is just too useful not too mention. I would never, ever be able to afford to buy pre-printed albums for all the countries I download from stampalbums.com. This site has made my collecting more enjoyable and allowed me to expand my interests.


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home