Suzi's Stamps & Stuff

Stamp collecting and philatelic fun!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Machins airmail rate stamps

Where are all the airmail rate Machins- especially the airmail postcard rate?? I have not yet found any postally used copies of these stamps.

I have been discussing trading Machins with a collector in Malaysia, and it seems that he cannot find used examples of these stamps either. It seems I am not the only one having difficulties. If you have any of these for sale or trade, please contact me.

Also, if someone in the UK would like to help out and mail me some letters & postcards franked with airmail rate Machins, let me know what you would like in exchange. I will pay for your trouble, or trade something if I have anything you can use. Just email me and I'm sure we can work something out. : )

I am still hopelessly behing in sorting Machins, but I did receive my Thirkell position finder from a wonderfully helpful collector friend in the UK. Thanks Geoff!!! Now I can look for varieties amone my Machins. Does anyone else here use the Thirkell position finder and the Gibbons GB Specialized catalogue to check their Machins for varieties or am I the only nut?
For me this is great fun.

Suzi
suziboyer@gmail.com

5 Comments:

  • At 5:07 AM, Blogger cddstamps said…

    Suzi.. I must admit I dont know of the "position finder" you mention.. tell us more.. or is it just me being dumb as usual :-)

    I have a few of those GB airmail machins, but yes I agree so difficult to get.. am in UK in April.. will try to mail you some.. remind me though ok keep up the good writing.. best wishes.. Michael

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    me too Suzie, I don't know what a position finder is either. By the way. I saw your link on Michael's blog and you've inspired me to keep one myself on blogspot http://stampsandcovers.blogspot.com/ Praduman is awfull silly silling stamps. hehe No offense praduman, I commend you on your english. I wish I could write a second language with just a fraction of your ability. I really enjoy reading michaels blog. He's got a knack for it, that's for sure.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger suzi said…

    HI Jim,
    I like your blog! :)
    I am so glad that other are getting inspired to write about their collections and philatelic endeavors.

    Suzi

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger suzi said…

    Hi Malcolm,
    I've been meaning to get a chance to reply to this.
    Thanks for the information and I'm glad your enjoying the blog.

    Suzi

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger suzi said…

    Norvic,

    Thanks for the background information- I am going to make a note of it, as I did not have all of that information.

    By the way, when I click on your name, I see a link to a blog called "British Stamp Watch", but when I try to click the link it does not work. Does your blog still exist?

    Suzi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home