Suzi's Stamps & Stuff

Stamp collecting and philatelic fun!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I have been sorting more Machins

In the process of sorting Machins in order to trade with some stamp friends, I remembered that there was some very good Machin information in an old club handbook that I had around. Just a reminder that sometimes the information you get in club newsletters and the like is often never published anywhere else, and can be quite useful, so don't throw out all those old newsletters until you're sure you don't need them.
I had, a few years ago, the fortune to be the winning bidder on a large, heavy auction lot of supplies and literature. The literature was what I was mainly interested in. It contained a great deal of useful information, some of it quite old. The stuff I wasn't going to utilize myself I have traded with others for literature that I know I will use. In this lot, in addition to several specialized catalogues and similar materials, was 2 binders of clippings saved from old philatelic journals. They are very interesting. As I read through some of them, I will see if any of the stories seem as if they would be interesting to write about here. I am not sure what to do with this information. Some of it is in not poor shape , with fading and discolorations, so I photocopied the whole lot and darkened the faded material. There is a lot of information to be found, much of it about Australia, and other Commonwealth countries. For now I am saving everything.
Any advice would be appreciated.


Suzi
suziboyer@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home