Suzi's Stamps & Stuff

Stamp collecting and philatelic fun!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Kiloware

I have had many email requests from everyone regarding sources of kiloware. I am constantly searching for sources of kiloware. My most recent acquisition came from a Mission in the UK, and I liked what I received from them. That was the mixture I reviewed here in this blog last month.
The only other kiloware I have purchased in the past few years has come from Ebay, and to be honest I couldn't tell you who it came from. It was a while ago, and it was Canada for myself (definitives and Xmas only) and Japan for Dreya. Overall, these were nice mixes, but the Japan was only 1/4 lb. and I think the Canada was a whole pound. I have noticed that the price of kiloware has gone up quite a bit recently, and it is harder to come by. I would like to find good sources of Canada kiloware and also Australia and New Zealand, which are a good mix that includes both commemorative and definitives. But I would be willing to buy almost any good worldwide mix if it was reasonable priced.
I have intended to keep this blog from being commercial, but would like opinions from all of you on the following:
Do you want me to post on here the contact information from the Mission where I purchased my kiloware?? I don't want to advertise for others on here, so I will ONLY post such information as part of a "review" of someone's products. I prefer to support non-profit organizations, also, such as the Mission I am referring to. I do have permission from the folks there to provide their contact information.

Perhaps we can all put our heads together and gradually come up with a "buyer's guide" to kiloware on here, with others giving their opinions and reviews also? I'd love to hear from anyone who has information to share about good kiloware sources, either post them here or email me.

Suzi
suziboyer@gmail.com

2 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well here you can find KILOWARE in three diffrent quality categories from some 100 different countries and territories.

    http://www.postlynx.com

    See you around,

    Kalle Blomkruka

    P.S. Now I have to go and read more on your blog...

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger suzi said…

    Hi,
    Thank you for the kiloware source. Have you ever ordered from this company? If so, would you mind letting us know what you thought of the stamps?

    Thanks!
    Suzi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home