Suzi's Stamps & Stuff

Stamp collecting and philatelic fun!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Washington 2006

I have been very busy, so I am writing to you from my coffee break at the office today. I have been taking of my elderly Grandpa for a bit now, and will have to continue to do so until my Mom returns from vacation on Sunday (just in time for Mother's Day).

I have heard from some of you about when you will be at the show and I'd like to fill you in on my own schedule. The plan is that we will be leaving on Friday, May 26 to get to our hotel and get settled. Depending on how long that takes, we may go to DC that afternoon/evening to pick up our entry badges for the show and to explore and have supper in Chinatown.
I want to be at the show Saturday AM as it opens or as early as I can get everyone up and moving, at any rate. I expect to be there all day Saturday, and maybe part of the day Sunday. We will also be visiting the museums Sunday and Monday.
Anyone who wants to meet up at the show, please let me know. Perhaps we can explore the exhibits together. If you have teenagers who are tagging along, I will have my 14 yo son and 16 yo daughter with me, so they will have company. :o) My son will probably spend more time at the museums with my husband than at the show, however.
I plan on taking plenty of pictures and putting some of the better ones here, as well as any interesting stories about the show or our trip. With the whole family traveling there's sure to be something interesting to tell.....so stay tuned.

I am also working on finalizing my shopping lists for Washing ton 2006, including items that any of you have asked me to find for you.
One item that is on my own shopping list is a UV light, preferably one of the ones that can accommodate both long and short wave bulbs in the same lamp, so that I don't need 2 of them. Can anyone recommend a brand? I know that at least one person told me about a brand some time ago, but I apologize as I can't find your email anymore even though I was sure I saved it.


Suzi
suziboyer@gmail.com

3 Comments:

  • At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Suzi,

    Stanley Gibbons have their own brand uv lamp with interchangeable long and short wave uv tubes. It is their own brand. It comes with a mains adapter for English sockets; you'll, therefore, also need an extension. I use it for my Machins. It does not feature on their web site, so I don't know whether they still sell it. Lighthouse and Prinz have comparable lamps.
    RH from the Netherlands

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger cddstamps said…

    Suzi.. hi.. just a quick idea.. if you could possible send me a scan of any picture youtake of the show that you would be ok with me showing on my blog I owuld appreciate that.. Please??

    enjoy the show.. so do wish I was there

    Best wishes..Michael

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger suzi said…

    Hi Micheal :)

    I will certainly try to remember to send you a pic, and please remind me so I don't forget! I plan on try ing to take alot of pictures of both the show and our trip, the museums, etc. and reporting about all of it here. I hope everyone finds it interesting.

    Suzi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home