Suzi's Stamps & Stuff

Stamp collecting and philatelic fun!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Washington 2006 final preparations

I am finalizing my preparations to leave on Friday morning. I have printed out the wantlists that people have sent to me, along with maps of DC and of the bourse area, and also a schedule of the show. We expect to be there most of the day Saturday, and then stopping back for a bit on Sunday.

I am hoping to have plenty of pix and information to share with you, but you won't hear from me while I am gone as I don't have a laptop or anything I can use to keep in touch. But I will be sure to post plenty of news from the show.

Currently, I have to get back to packing. I need to finish getting together laundry and ironing shirts before packing them neatly and hoping they stay unwrinkled, LOL.

If anyone has any cool suggestions regarding places to eat (reasonable and family friendly) in the DC area, please let me know. We will be travelling back to York PA to sleep, so anything along the way would be fine also.

Our plans so far are as follows:
We will be staying in York PA. From there, I plan to make the roughly 45 minute drive to the Greenbelt Metro station, where there is plenty of secure parking, and take the Metro subway into the Convention Center station. We will pick up Metro fare cards for use on the train and also for the DC Circulator, which is a wonderful bus service that you can use to get from one tourist area to another.
We are hoping to see, in addition to the Philatelic Exhibition, various museums, Chinatown, and the Cathedral. We may also take the bus to the Waterfront area.

If anybody has any last minute suggestions regarding family stuff to do in DC please feel free to offer your suggestions.
And please, if you will be at the show this Weekend, let me know so we can try to meet up.

Suzi
suziboyer@gmail.com